Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
The Assistant General Manager supports Tri Star's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the Tri Star Service's team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The Assistant General Manager assists the Twice Daily General Manager (GM) in leading and coaching store staff to consistently deliver all the components of the Twice Daily offer and culture to maximize the guest experience. The position has total accountability for the operation of the store in the GM’s absence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Helps ensure “best in class” service is extended to all Twice Daily guests.
2. Takes an active role in delivering the programs necessary to maximize the guest experience.
3. Possesses a strong passion for the Twice Daily offering and culture.
4. Engages in educating the guest about the Twice Daily “fresh all day” offer.
5. Acts as role model for all elements of the Twice Daily culture and core values.
6. Assists in creating the environment to support the store culture.
7. Trains and builds staff capability.
8. Provides daily coaching to individual staff on their roles in delivering the Twice Daily store culture and values.
9. Works with fellow colleagues as a member of the team.
10. Remains knowledgeable of the Twice Daily products/services.
11. Assumes the role of Twice Daily Host as needed.
12. Works opposite hours as the UBM.
13. Provides ongoing feedback to the GM based on guest experience and comments.
14. Assists in executing the Twice Daily Marketing Plan.
15. Ensures all “fresh all day” products are produced, merchandised and maintained according to Twice Daily standards.
16. Ensures all required inventory levels, freshness and product rotation standards are maintained.
17. Maintains all Twice Daily interior and exterior image standards.
18. Willingly accepts direction and executes the necessary changes required in a timely manner.
19. Ensures all required health and safety policies are met.
20. Reacts productively to change.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
The basic function of an Assistant General Manager is the same as the General Manager of their store.
Assistant General Managers are required'to be 21 years of age, have a valid drivers license, vehicle and proof of auto insurance. All management members must have a home telephone number.
The Assistant General Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are the same as a Guest
Service Representative and General Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; food service experience is required with coffee expertise a plus; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
• Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
• Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
• Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, juices, soft drinks, beer, oil and other merchandise
• Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
• Ability to stock shelves and coolers
• Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
• Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
• Ability to climb a stepladder to clean windows
• Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
• Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
• Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
• Good interpersonal and guest service skills
• Excellent communication/interactive skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends
• Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
• Sincere desire for creating a “wow” experience for each and every guest
• Committed to a team effort
• Takes personal pride in what you do
• Willingness to work hard
• Ability to perform multiple tasks
• Ability to concentrate, think and learn
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays and weekends.