The Cook provides fast, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service. They have full responsibility for site level food programs and ensures the “Fresh all Day” concept is consistently executed to differentiate our food offerings from the competition.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES include the following:
- Provides “best in class” service; consistently pays attention to detail. Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all food preparation equipment.
- Prepares various foodservice and beverage products to Twice Daily specifications.
- Ability to react to varying business volumes by maintaining acceptable levels of our food offerings.
- Ensures all food offerings are correctly presented according to company standards.
- Knowledgeable of all food allergies.
- Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations and display cases.
- Complies with the company standard regarding portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and food regulations.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Twice Daily products/services, policies and procedures.
- Actively welcomes guests’ as they enter the Twice Daily store and informs guests’ of offers.
- Supports Twice Daily Host as needed.
- Maintains logs that include receiving logs, product temperature logs, waste tracking logs, food preparation log.
- Orders, receives, handles, dates and rotates all products according to company specifications and food regulations.
- Follows the work schedule as posted.
- Notifies GM of any discrepancies during shift (i.e., order, store/personnel issues).
- Reports all accidents and injuries to the GM immediately.
- Reports any illnesses to GM immediately.
- Maintains clean facilities and an orderly work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; and /or equivalent education or experience in job related activities. Culinary Arts degree preferred. Meets ServSafe certification requirements.
- Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
- Professional communication skills are required
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted
- Uses suggestive selling techniques with all guests
- Reacts productively to change
- Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to account for numbers of a variety of products
- Have sufficient visual ability
- Ability to read and understand instructions for operating systems and other equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of frozen goods and other merchandise
- Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
- Ability to stock shelves, coolers, and freezers
- Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
- Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
- Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
- Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
- Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
- Ability to work shifts by yourself; single coverage is the norm in some locations
- Good interpersonal and guest service skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
- Take personal pride in what you do
- Willingness to work hard
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays, and weekends.