Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
The Host/Hostess supports Tri Star's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the Tri Star Service's team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The Host/Hostess actively welcomes all guests as they enter the “fresh all day” area. Through direct interaction with guests, the position creates awareness of the new Twice Daily “fresh all day” offers. The Host builds relationships by delivering superior service, quality products and an exceptional guest experience. The position also maintains all freshness, product, condiment and inventory levels in accordance with the Twice Daily “fresh all day” standards of business readiness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Provides “best in class” service to all guests.
2. Acts as ambassador of the Twice Daily store culture and values.
3. Makes decisions (read and react) to ensure consistent guest satisfaction.
4. Actively promotes the new “fresh all day” menu.
5. Maintains an in depth knowledge of the “fresh all day” offer.
6. Actively engages in educating the general public on the Twice Daily “fresh all day” offer and promotions.
7. Encourages guest to try the new “fresh all day” offer through sampling and to return through the use of targeted coupon and special promotion day part offers.
8. Assists guests with any questions they may have regarding the “fresh all day” offering.
9. Works with fellow colleagues as a member of the team.
10. Provides ongoing feedback to the store manager based on guest experience and comments.
11. Maintains production, merchandising and waste control of all components of the “fresh all day” offer in accordance with Twice Daily standards.
12. Maintains clean, sanitary facilities, equipment and overall work environment.
13. Adheres to all approved Twice Daily financial, ordering, inventory and waste control procedures.
14. Reacts productively to change.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required; food service experience is required with coffee expertise a plus; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
• Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
• Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
• Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, juices, soft drinks, beer, oil and other merchandise
• Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
• Ability to stock shelves and coolers
• Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
• Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
• Ability to climb a stepladder to clean windows
• Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
• Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
• Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
• Good interpersonal and guest service skills
• Excellent communication/interactive skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends
• Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
• Sincere desire for creating a “wow” experience for each and every guest
• Committed to a team effort
• Takes personal pride in what you do
• Willingness to work hard
• Ability to perform multiple tasks
• Ability to concentrate, think and learn
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays and weekends.