Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
The Guest Service Representative supports Tri Star's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the Tri Star Service's team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The GSR provides fast, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service to keep our guests coming back.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Actively welcomes all guests as they enter the Twice Daily store.
2. Provides “best in class” fast, friendly service to all guests.
3. Works with fellow colleagues as a member of the team.
4. Remains knowledgeable of the Twice Daily’s products/services, policies and procedures.
5. Up sells hot/cold beverages and food by opportunity (i.e., combo offers, “my way bundles”).
6. Supports Twice Daily Host as needed.
7. Prepares various foodservice and beverage products as needed.
8. Handles money, completes guest transactions, thanks guests and welcomes them back for another visit.
9. Stocks merchandise.
10. Follows the work schedule as posted.
11. Notifies Unit Business Manager of any discrepancies on the shift report or any other guest, store or personnel issues.
12. Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted.
13. Uses suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
14. Reports all accidents and injuries to the Unit Business Manager immediately.
15. Maintains clean facilities and an orderly work environment.
16. Reacts productively to change.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
• Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
• Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
• Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products
• Have sufficient visual ability to check identification and process credit cards
• Ability to read and understand instructions for operating electronic POS systems and other equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, juices, soft drinks, beer, oil and other merchandise
• Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
• Ability to stock shelves and coolers
• Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
• Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
• Ability to climb a stepladder to clean windows
• Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
• Ability to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store
• Ability to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 32 degrees for up to one hour at a time
• Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
• Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
• Ability to work shifts by yourself; single coverage is the norm in some locations
• Good interpersonal and guest service skills
• Good oral communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends
• Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
• Take personal pride in what you do
• Willingness to work hard
• Ability to perform multiple tasks
• Ability to concentrate, think and learn
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays and weekends.