The Barista supports White Bison's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the White Bison's team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The Barista contributes to White Bison's success by ensuring that our service and store standards are met. Provides exemplary customer service and constructs, pours, and serves premium quality beverages coffee, tea, espresso, juices, smoothies, wine and beer in a timely and friendly manner, with utmost attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains knowledge of register functions.
- Efficiently rings customer orders, following our cash handling guidelines, taking full responsibility for drawer accuracy.
- Welcomes and connects with each and every guest, building relationships and repeat business. Learns names, drink orders, etc.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of products coffee, tea, juices, smoothies, wine, beer and food offerings - and shares accordingly with guests.
- Makes/brews coffee and espresso drinks according to company standards/recipes.
- Pours wine/beer according to company policy, adhering to all local and federal laws.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains and stocks all products in the bar/barista area, condiment stand.
- Actively suggests additional products to every customer in order to enhance service/improve sales.
- Maintains cleanliness of store, outdoor areas, and bathrooms. Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the cleaning checklist.
- Attends store meetings/training programs.
- Reports to work on scheduled days, on time.
- Communicates with management and peers to solve problems and improve service; maintains a good attitude and positive morale.
- Maintains working knowledge of other job functions within the store, occasionally acting as a server.
- Assists with opening/closing store.
- Maintains clean, sanitary facilities, equipment and overall work environment.
- Adheres to all approved Twice Daily financial, ordering, inventory and waste control procedures.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; food service experience is required with coffee expertise a plus; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
- Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
- Ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products
- Ability to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds carrying cases of milk, juices, soft drinks, beer, oil and other merchandise
- Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
- Ability to stock shelves and coolers
- Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
- Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
- Ability to climb a stepladder to clean windows
- Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
- Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
- Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
- Good interpersonal and guest service skills
- Excellent communication/interactive skills
- Possess excellent people skills and an outgoing personality
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules
- Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
- Sincere desire for creating a wow experience for each and every guest
- Committed to a team effort
- Takes personal pride in what you do
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to concentrate, think and learn
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays and weekends.