The Barista Store Manager supports White Bison's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the White Bison's team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The Barista Store Manager will be a leader who continuously strives to improve store operations, increase sales, and provide a superior guest experience. The Barista Store Manager will inspire passion in their team, building a strong, well-developed and knowledgeable staff, adhere to all company standards, maintain a clean store environment, and meet or exceed sales goals while controlling costs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Consistently acts as an exceptional role model for all team members. Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Conducts ongoing recruiting and hiring of qualified team members. Develops staff and maintains positive morale to decrease turnover.
- Ensures product freshness and quality is a priority for their team and holds all staff members accountable for following company standards. Performs regular quality assurance audits.
- Works with Corporate Trainer to ensure that training, coaching and development of staff and supervisors progresses according to expectations.
- Enables and inspires team to share a passion for premium quality beverages with customers in a meaningful way. Stays up on trends relating to the industry and coordinates ongoing training sessions to ensure staff is knowledgeable on all store offerings.
- Utilizes customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service.
- Manages staffing levels and creates schedules that support customer service and daily operations within budget.
- Recognizes and responds to performance issues, with honest and direct communication, enforcing disciplinary guidelines. Utilizes discipline and counseling, with an understanding of the ranges of the various disciplinary actions available, such as verbal or written reprimands, suspensions, demotions, and terminations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends in the coffee and tea industry.
- Delivers consistently balanced results, drives for financial performance both in meeting/exceeding sales goals and controlling costs. Analyzes financial records and P/L statements and reacts accordingly.
- Ensures the accuracy, completion and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operation of point-of-sale terminals according to the cash handling guidelines.
- Responds to constructive criticism in a professional manner and makes any necessary improvements.
- Keeps store well-stocked and places all orders in a timely fashion, ensuring accurate inventory levels are maintained. Maintains all store paperwork and records and turns in reports when due.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and ensures that both corporate management and store staff are aware of any and all issues that affect store operations.
- Engages customers and builds relationships within the community, cultivating repeat visits. Works with corporate management on marketing initiatives and events.
- Maintains Servsafe certification and ensures OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Willingly accepts direction and executes the necessary changes required in a timely manner.
- Ensures all required health and safety policies are met.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises store employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required; minimum three years of restaurant management experience and/or training; management of premium product restaurant or store is helpful; previous managerial experience; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
- Ability to speak, hear, see, walk and stand
- Ability to speak, read understand and write in English at an eighth grade level
- Experience in an environment requiring multi-tasking and reprioritizing is essential
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a high-performance, fast paced environment
- Experience in staff training, customer service, improving inventory system efficiency, and improving processes/sales is essential
- A professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of coffee and tea is helpful
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at an eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, juices, soft drinks, beer, oil and other merchandise
- Ability to retrieve or stock merchandise from overhead or under storage
- Ability to stock shelves and coolers
- Ability to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and moving it to the fire area
- Ability to tolerate exposure to fuel and cleaning product fumes
- Ability to climb a stepladder to clean windows
- Ability to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash container and place in the dumpster
- Ability to stand for 8 hours or longer at a time without a break
- Ability to work at any location within a 30-mile radius of your home; a store assignment will depend on the staffing needs of our company; reliable transportation is a must as not all of our stores are on a bus line
- Good interpersonal and guest service skills
- Excellent communication/interactive skills
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends, as many hours as needed
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a positive attitude
- Sincere desire for creating a “wow” experience for each and every guest
- Committed to a team effort
- Takes personal pride in what you do
- Takes ownership of the situation to make it better
- Desire to become a District Manager
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Eye for detail, observant and takes action
- Ability to organize, prioritize and know what is important
- Ability to concentrate, think and learn
Position is in a convenience store setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to working shifts, holidays and weekends.